The following list identifies certain factors that can increase a woman’s risk of potentially developing breast cancer during her lifetime.
1) Age: As a woman gets older her risk of breast cancer increases.
2) Race: Caucasian women have the highest incidence of breast cancer.
3) Personal history of breast or ovarian cancer.
4) Atypical cells on a breast biopsy, aspirate or fluid.
5) Family history of breast or ovarian cancer.
6) Breast density
8) Not having children or having a first child over the age of 30.
9) Radiation exposure